Saturday, May 3, 2014

May Design Team Work - Project #3

Happy Saturday, Everyone!!

Thanks for taking a few minutes out of your weekend to stop by my little piece of the blogosphere. Since I'd much rather you spend your day creating, instead of being stuck here reading about my creations, I will keep this post short and sweet.

Theme:  
“Anything But Average” take inspiration from the past and show us something new! 

Holiday Focus: National Photography Month

Create a card that looks like a photograph by putting a border around your image and making the image glossy. You may use On Film Framelits or make your own, you may use window sheets for glossiness or crystal effects.

For this challenge, I decided to make an atypical card size so I chose a square card base of 5 1/2" X 5 1/2". I used the Lovely As a Tree stamp set because creating a wooden frame using the Hardwood stamp set came to mind when I read the instructions. After I finished coloring my tree scene, I adhered a piece of transparency film over the top using a tiny bit of 2-Way Glue around the edges of the cardstock. When it came time to assemble the card, I remembered I had the the Woodgrain embossing folder so I used that to add texture to the banner.The awesome layout is from the PPA Sketch Challenge on February 20, 2014 and the button embellishment is simply a Brushed Bronze Designer Button that I tied a piece of Linen Thread to and made two bows with.

Sidenote: Did you know that the Lovely As a Tree stamp set is the OLDEST set in the Stampin' Up! catalog? If I'm not mistaken, it was released in 2001 and has survived every annual retirement since!! DEFINITELY an oldie but goodie!

 (click photo to enlarge)

That's all for today. I hope to see you again tomorrow ... I will be showing my favorite project from this month's challenges!!

(click photo to enlarge)

Hugs, Smiles, Blessings, and Happy Weekend Crafting!!
~Hallie

All supplies Stampin' Up! (you can order HERE) unless otherwise noted.* 
Stamp Set:  Lovely As a Tree, Hardwood
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Early Espresso
Cardstock:  Early Espresso, Gumball Green, Whisper White, Neutrals DSP, Print Poetry Paper Stack

Accessories: Framelits (Banners), Embossing Folder (Woodgrain), Designer Button (Brushed Bronze), Linen Thread, Dimensionals, Alcohol Markers*




 

No comments:

Post a Comment