Friday, December 12, 2014

{JOY} to the World

In my last post I mentioned that my goal was to start making and posting my Christmas cards this week. Here it is Friday and I haven't done that ... YET!!!  You see, I discovered my priorities this week which explains why stamping is always the last thing on my list. Before I sit down to stamp I make sure that all of my other responsibilities have been taken care of so that I don't have a little nagging voice saying, "you should be doing this or that instead." Knowing all of my "other things" are done is when I can sit down and truly get lost in my creativity and enjoy stamping. It was at this point that it dawned on me that my priorities come from one simple word: JOY.  That's right, Jesus, Others, You! For me, Jesus, my Lord & Savior, is ALWAYS first on my list. My "Others" are my family, home, and volunteering at our church, and then finally there is the You which is Me!! Yep, I am dead last which explains why I may not be the every.single.day.rock.star kind of stamper and blogger that I had hoped to be, but quite frankly, I'm okay with that because after all, I have no doubt that my priorities are in the correct order.

Going back to my last post I mentioned the words Christmas cards. Now given that the "s" makes them plural it means more than one. Since I have completed one card, I figure that a second card fulfills the "s" requirement so technically I am 1/2 way finished with my cards ... right?!?  Oh yes, except for the fact that I'd have quite a few people upset with me when they didn't receive their annual Handmade By Hallie card. Sadly, my Christmas cards have become and expectation rather than a kind Christmas greeting that arrives in the mailbox *sigh*, but I'm actually okay with that. Having said that, I best get busy and make the "s" really plural (sssssssss) by making 50 individual cards {please pray for me!}.

So before I go, here is the ONE Christmas card that I have finished. As a side note, a whole different problem I experience is that I have the hardest time making simple FLAT cards that don't cost a fortune to mail; thus the reason I procrastinate making them. I absolutely *LOVE* layers, embellishments, and dimensions which are all things that the post office *DESPISES*!  It is common (laughing) knowledge among the post office staff that every.single.one of my cards requires extra postage to cover the special "by hand" handling of my cards to prevent them from jamming the mail sorting machines in Waco, Texas. Oops!!

(click photo to enlarge)

I hope each of you have a blessed day and spend some time finding the JOY in your life.

~Hallie
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6


All supplies Stampin' Up! (you can order HERE) unless otherwise noted.
Stamp Set:  Joy to the World

Ink: Versamark
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Lost Lagoon; Soft Sky; All is Calm DSP

Accessories: Nestabilities (ovals); Embossing Folder (Northern Flurry); Embossing Powder (Winter White); Punch (Snowflake); Two-Way Glue; Glitter (Dazzling Diamonds); Basic Jewels; Dimensionals; Paper Piercing Tool & Piercing Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment