Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sweetheart Treat Bag Kit ... Card

I have been seeing a lot of the Scallop Tag Topper Punch cards lately so, after doing a bit of research and watching a YouTube video, I decided it was my turn to give one a try. I knew I wanted to use Basic Black as my card base, but I was at a loss of what DSP (that's Designer Series Paper, for those of you that aren't familiar with Stampin' Up! lingo) I was going to use for the background. As I was pondering world hunger what the heck I was going to do, I had an aha moment and decided to cut apart carefully dismantle a treat bag from the Sweetheart Treat Bag Kit (SHTBK) to use. Perfect!! Now it was time for the card engineering making to commence!!
I started by using the Scallop Tag Topper Punch and Stampn' Trimmer to make my card base. Next, I cut and adhered the sweetheart background paper onto my Whisper White cardstock panels, used my new Perfect Layers tool (best tool EVER!) to cut a 1/8" mat, and machine stitched around the edges. I stamped the Eiffel Tower from the Follow My Heart stamp set in Soft Sky ink on a piece of Whisper White cardstock, once again used my Perfect Layers tool to cut a 1/16" mat, and machine stitched around those edges too.  I wrapped some Soft Sky Baker's Twine from the SHTBK around the panel, tied a nifty little bow, and put a Basic Jewel in the center. I punched a small heart with the (retired) SU! three Heart Punch and attached it to the Eiffel Tower using a Glue Dot. Next, I used Dimensionals to give the panels ... dimension, of course, put some Basic Jewels in the bottom right corner of the right panel, tied the two sides of the card together using the remaining piece of Soft Sky Baker's Twine, and Viola!! My Sweetheart Treat Bag Scallop Tag Topper Punch Card (did you get all that?!?) was finished!!!

 
(click picture to enlarge)

That's all from me today, folks!!  I hope you have a blessed day and visit again soon!! 
~Hallie

All supplies Stampin' Up! (you can order HERE) unless otherwise noted.
Stamp Set:  Follow My Heart (Valentine's Promotion)
Ink: Soft Sky
Cardstock:  Basic Black; Whisper White; Soft Sky, Sweetheart Treat Bag
Accessories: Punch (Scallop Tag Topper, Small Heart); Baker's Twine (Soft Sky); Basic Jewels Dimensionals




No comments:

Post a Comment