Wednesday, December 17, 2014

He's Making A List & Checking It Twice

Happy Wednesday, because greeting you with "Happy Hump Day" just seems wrong!

In reading over my last post, I realized that my days were off so today I will show you another epic flat fail and then tomorrow (Thursday) I will show you the card design that made the cut for this year's Christmas cards. You will definitely want to check back on Friday because I will be posting some really great cards from Christmas 2012. It is likely that they would make the list of some of my all-time favorite cards.

For today's flat fail, I have for you a great card using the MOJO Monday Sketch #354. I love everything about the card; the sketch, the image stamp, the sentiment, the colors, the layers, the various textures, and the details. The problem is the LAYERS!  A card with 5 layers PLUS a banner with dimension is everything but flat, thus it will require extra postage for special handling. Another.Epic.Flat.Fail  *sigh*

(click photo to enlarge)
On the bright side, even though I haven't conquered "flat", I think I have accomplished being able to make a decent card without using embellishments (ribbon, baker's twine, buttons, clips, jingle bells, etc.) which are all the things I absolutely LOVE!!

That's all for now. Make sure to check back tomorrow and especially on Friday!!

Smiles, Blessings, and Inky Hugs!

~Hallie
"But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, 'Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.'” Matthew 1:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment