Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Triple Time Stamping with Flat, not fluffy, Christmas Cards

The last thing I mentioned in my previous post (before answering the four questions) was that I needed to continue working on making f-l-a-t, instead of fluffy, cards. The two cards I have today are definitely more flat than my previous ones, which is good; however, I am not a fan of either of them because I think they are too p-l-a-i-n. Therefore, my quest to make a flat card that is visually appealing continues. *sigh*

I used the Seasonally Scattered stamp set, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, and Whisper White cardstock, and the Perfect Polka Dots & Snow Burst (retired) embossing folders to create the card below.

(click photo to enlarge)

For this "Triple Time Stamping" card I used the Snowflake Soiree (retired) and Endless Wishes (sentiment) stamp sets. Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, and Whisper White cardstock and I added a few Basic Jewels for a little bling.

(click photo to enlarge)

Triple Time Stamping:

Whisper White Cardstock:
Top Layer: 2 x 3 1/4
Middle Layer: 3 x 4 1/4

Bottom Layer: 4 X 5 1/4

Cherry Cobbler Cardstock:
Top Layer: 2 1/4 x 3 1/2
Middle Layer: 3 1/4 x 4 1/2

Bottom Layer: 8 1/2  (scored at 4 1/4) x 5 1/2 

Layer the three white pieces of cardstock on top of each other making sure they are centered. Stamp your images and then adhere the white pieces onto their respective Cherry Cobbler mats.

I would love your feedback (aka: constructive criticism) on both cards in the comments section below. Do you think they are too plain? What do you (or don't you) like about both of them?  I'm curious to see what you think.

Tomorrow I will have another epic flat fail for you - because I'm good at those, ya know! I will use the (retired) Santa's List stamp set and MOJO Monday Sketch #354 as my template.  Even though I manage to not use any embellishments, the five layers plus a banner definitely disqualifies it from being considered "flat".

On Wednesday I will show you the Christmas card that made the final cut so I (with help from my hubby) will be duplicating it to send out later this week. On Thursday I will do a little Throwback and show you a few of my cards from Christmas 2012 - all of which my mother took hostage for her box of Handmade by Hallie cards!

Until tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday ... Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings!
~Hallie
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." Ephesians 4:2

No comments:

Post a Comment