Friday, August 1, 2014

So Very Quilted

Hi Friends,

Today's card turned out *nothing* like what I had envisioned when I started out. When I sat down to create I was at a total loss of where to start so I went to the Freshly Made Sketches blog for some inspiration. I knew I wanted to use the So Very Grateful stamp set because I was being lazy had stamped an extra image yesterday that I didn't use. The FMS sketch was fairly straightforward and simple so I decided to give it a try.  I started off with some Pacific Point and Daffodil Delight cardstock and some Sweet Taffy DSP but that didn't last very long. Once I had colored my bouquet image I couldn't make the colors work with the sketch so I scrapped that idea and decided to interpret the sketch *very* loosely.  I decided on Basic Black and Melon Mambo for my card colors, used four panels across the front instead of three, and moved the accent embellishment to the opposite side. Like I said, a very loose interpretation which, given my OCD / Type "A" personality, was a huge success for me because I normally follow a sketch exactly the way it is drawn. I absolutely *love* the final product! The burst of color is eye catching while my card remains simple clean, and crisp. Mission Accomplished!!

The downside of creating such a beauty is that it will be sitting on my desk for a while because, well, I don't want to give it away just yet ...

click photo to enlarge

... and because I usually create with a purpose (this card was for one of my church door greeters), I will have to start fresh tomorrow to make the Thank You cards for my greeters in appreciation for their service.

That's all for now ... I will be busy creating tomorrow.

Happy Stampin'!!

Hallie

Stamp Set:  So Very Grateful
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Melon Mambo; Whisper White

Accessories: Embossing Folders (square lattice & (retired) finial press); Baker's Twine (white); Buttons (neutrals); Basic Pearls; Stampin' Dimensionals
All supplies Stampin' Up! (you can order HERE) unless otherwise noted*.



No comments:

Post a Comment