Monday, March 3, 2014

Go Green!!!

Howdy Y'all and Happy Monday!!! I am so excited to see that after two short weeks of entering the blogosphere, my viewer audience has gone beyond the United States and reached Australia, Canada, Germany, Poland, and the UK. That's pretty amazing, and not too shabby, for a homegrown Texas girl. So ... here's a warm Texas *WELCOME*, and a Texas size *THANK YOU* to each of you from the bottom of my butt because it's bigger than my heart. You are the reason I'm taking this little blogging journey; I'm not going to mention the not so gentle shove nudge from my very supportive hubby.

Now, I'm normally not one to celebrate St. Patrick's Day because I'm German (Guten Tag meine lieben deutschen Leser), not Irish, but this year has been a little different. For some reason I have been attracted to clover, shamrocks, and the color green. Could it be because I have several a couple of St. Patty's Day stamps that have been neglected and never used? Well, since my hubby reads my blog, far be it from me to confess that as the TRUTH behind my attraction. *wink*

Today I am sharing a sneak peek that I showed on my Facebook page a couple of weeks ago.  You can view my Handmade by Hallie Facebook Page HERE, and I'd appreciate a *LIKE* and a *SHARE* while you are there.

I created this little gem by following the sketch from MOJO Monday #306 and the colors (Pumpkin Pie, Gumball Green, Whisper White) from the Pals Paper Arts Challenge #191. Other than the shamrock, my card is pretty self explanatory; lots of layers, embossing, paper piercing, and machine stitching. I created the shamrock by punching out six pansies using the Pansy Punch and running them through my Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. Next, I cut half of one petal off to make it shorter and give the appearance of a stem. I folded each pansy in half and used Glue Dots to connect them together. Finally, I used Dimensionals to attach my newly created shamrock accent to my card.

 
(click to enlarge)

That's all for today. I'm off to create using today's sketch: MOJO335. Will you play along?!? If so, please leave a link to your card in my comments section.

Have a blessed Monday!!
~Hallie
"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

All supplies Stampin' Up! (you can order HERE) unless otherwise noted.
Stamp Set:  Go Green (retired)

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Pumpkin Pie; Gumball Green; Whisper White; 2012-2014 In Color DSP - Gumball Green

Accessories: Nestabilities (circle & scallop circle); Embossing Folders (Chevron, Perfect Polka Dots, Square Lattice); Pansy Punch; Paper Piercing Tool; Basic Jewels; Dimensionals; Machine Stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment