Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April Design Team Work - Day #2

Howdy, Blog Readers!!

Welcome to Day #2 of my April CCrew Design Team project reveal. Since I am showing you one project per day and there isn't a lot to say about the projects, my posts will be short and sweet. Of course if you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will be happy to provide you with an answer!!

Theme:  
April seems to open the door and invite us outside! This month let's focus on welcoming spring's attitude back into our hearts.

Catalog Focus: Watercoloring! Whether it be with an ink pad aqua painter, markers, watercolor pencils, making a background, or dying something. What can you do with water & color?

I definitely ventured out of my comfort zone for this challenge because I am NOT one to water color.  The most water coloring I've done was when I was a small child at my parent's office. I remember having a glass of water alongside the long container of Crayola water colors and the little yellow paintbrush. Of course the paint always started out new and then the pretty colors inevitably ended up being mixed together which eventually resulted in ALL of the circles of paint being BLACK! It was then that I began scheming of ways to get a hold of my sister's water colors so I could mess them up too have colors that weren't mixed together. Sometimes my schemes worked and sometimes they didn't. Whichever the case, I only have happy memories of my childhood water coloring so I'm guessing the details worked themselves out. 

For this card I used the Triple Time Stamping technique and paired it with stamped, punched, and water colored flowers. I stamped the pansies from the Flower Shop stamp set onto some Stampin' Up! watercolor paper and then water colored them using my Stampin' Write markers and an aqua painter. Once the flowers were finished I punched them out and adhered them to my card using dimensionals. The process was pretty straight forward and easy so without further adieu ...
 

 
 (click to enlarge)

That wraps up today!! Until tomorrow ...

Hugs, Smiles, Blessings, & Happy Stampin'!!
Hallie

No comments:

Post a Comment