Friday, April 4, 2014

April Design Team Work - Day #4

Greetings Stamping Friends!

I can't believe it's already Thursday again!! The days and weeks seem to be flying by faster than ever, especially when I stop to think that 1/4 of 2014 is already gone!! My parents always said that time flies as you get older and I thought they were nuts! As I've gotten older I've come to realize that they weren't nuts, instead they were speaking words of wisdom! Wow!!

Since you didn't stop by to read a dissertation about flying pigs time, I will go ahead and get to the point of today's post ... the Scrapbook and More Focus challenge.

Theme:  
April seems to open the door and invite us outside! This month let's focus on welcoming spring's attitude back into our hearts.

Scrapbook and More Focus:
Show us your take on the layout featured on page 13 of the March/April 2014 Stampin' Success magazine.

Let me just say, I was NOT a huge fan of the layout until I got a little ways into it. Although I knew I wanted my page to focus on the cards that I'd made for this month's challenges, I didn't have a clue of how I was going to make that happen. I was even more perplexed when I realized that I didn't have any of the products that were showcased on the layout in the magazine. Yikes!! After walking away from my desk a few times, my creativity started flowing and before I knew it, I had a bright and cheerful scrapbook page complete with a framed picture with diagonal stripes, a cattywampus background, a film strip full of flowers, some buttons, and an arrow made with the Chevron Punch. After that I threw in a page title, a scripture, and VIOLA! my page was complete!! Happy, Happy, Happy!!!


 (click to enlarge)

This wraps up the April CCrew Design Team Challenges so I will be back on Monday, if not before, with some regular stamping goodness!!

Hugs, Smiles, Blessings, and Happy Stamping!
Hallie

"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.” Isaiah 40:8

No comments:

Post a Comment